On Monday, April 30, I was awoken at 715am to get my vital signs. About 10 min. later, Kodee was brought in from the nursery to eat. Then about an hour later, Dr. Hall came in to see if I wanted to be released. I said, "No way! I'm going to milk this as long as possible!" About 15 min. after he left, Dr. Owen (the kiddos pediatrician) came in to check Kodee's vitals.
Everything looked great. Her collar bone and head looked normal especially after having the forceps and vacuumed used. Dr. Owen had said, 2 weeks earlier, one of his patient's collar bone had broken from the forceps. I was relieved to know everything looked fine with Kodee.
Davis Hospital gives you a special spouse lunch or dinner. So J came up at lunch time and we enjoyed Philly Steak sandwiches, fries, and Strawberry Cheesecake...mmm!
I spent the rest of the day enjoying my quiet, one-on-time with Kodee. After I'd feed her, all I had to do was sit her up and she'd burp herself. When she was awake, she would look wide-eyed at everything around her. We even took a nap together, which of course I just loved being able to snuggle with her. But one of my favorite things was just watching her sleep. I could stare at her all day!
I slept much better the 2nd night. When I woke up, Tuesday, May 1, they brought Kodee in from the nursery. Of course, I just stared at her. Each morning I get to see her, is like getting a present all over again. I just can't get enough of her. After breakfast, I got my things packed and ready to go...because it was time to head back into reality and leave the pampered services of the nurses.
Before I left, they had their photography staff come and do a little photo session. I was able to get a very sweet book of all the pics they took. I am so excited to get it!
J and Kenna came to pick me up about 11am. Before we left, we took a few more pics of Kodee while we waited for Dr. Hall to release me.
It was finally time; as we got our plants, belongings, and baby Kodee, I looked into my empty room. I have to admit how sad I became...I even cried. I looked at the empty cart against the wall which Kodee was sleeping in. I don't know why I get so sentimental, but I was sad to leave the serenity of the room that was my home for the past 2 days. On the other hand, I was excited to go home with our new, beautiful daughter.
J and the kiddos were so kind to make us a surprise as we pulled up at home.
Kenna even wanted to be a "mom" and take her baby on a car ride, just like Kodee. Safety first!
I wasn't sure how the kiddos would react to having a new baby in the home. But surprisingly, there hasn't been any bad feelings. The girls are in total bliss having a real baby in the house and Rhett has loved being a big brother. I feel super lucky and very blessed to have such wonderful miracles in my life!
No comments:
Post a Comment